Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Best Bets: Dental
Dentistry and Oral Science Source
Contains full text and cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for 160 journals and dozens of monographs in the dental and oral health sciences.
Contains full text and citations for indexing for 1,835 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 1,000,000 records dating back to 1982.
Find Books, E-books, Articles, DVDs, and Streaming Videos
Looking for more Tips and Tricks of what you can do? Check our Primo Guide
General Search Tips
General Search Tips
- Start your search in the library catalog, then look in subject specific databases for more specific results.
- Boolean Search terms: AND gives you only results with both of your search terms, OR gives you results with either one of your search terms (but not necessarily both of them), NOT excludes results with that search term.
- Start general, and refine to a specific search. If you have a general idea of what you would like to focus on, search a broad term, and then refine as you discover what is available.
- Look at the subject terms and keywords that the articles you find are using. If they seem relevant, you may wish to incorporate them into your search terms.
- If your results are too broad, add additional search terms to refine your search.
- Searching for a specific phrase? Place it in quotation marks to search for those exact works in that order. For example: “To be or not to be” will find that specific phrase, rather than each word individually.
- Need to find a word or phrase in an article PDF, an e-book, or on a webpage? Use CTRL and F to open a search box that will search the text within a document.